About Hiddingh Hall
In 1911 Hiddingh Hall Library became the University of Cape Town’s first purpose built Library. Today it is a branch library serving the Departments of Drama, History of Art and Fine Art.
The physical collection comprises approximately 30 000 books, 1 500 Videos, and 70 current print journals. Facilities include PCs, wireless network, printer and photocopiers, A/V viewing room and access to UCT Libraries 63 000 e-journals and 177 electronic research databases.